DDQ offers two levels of our Elite dance program for Juniors and Seniors.
Dance Direction QLD Elite Dancers participate in a part time program:
- Saturdays from 8.30 – 1.30pm DDQE Senior
- Saturdays from 10.00am – 1.30pm DDQE Intermediate
- Saturdays from 8.00 – 9.00am DDQE Junior
The aim of DDQE is to offer our gifted, dedicated dancers an intensive part-time training program to take their technique and performance standard to the next level.
This will be done through professional tuition in a caring and encouraging environment.
The program offers a well rounded, balanced training curriculum of classical ballet, contemporary and pilates with lyrical, acrobatics & jazz
Past DDQE Dancers
- Lauren Graham: ‘Vice-Chancellor’s Creative Industries Scholarship, QUT Fine Arts in Dance
- Amber Nofal: QUT Fine Arts in Dance
- Makira Horner: WAAPA Bachelor of Dance Arts
- Sara Jane Aistrope: 5D International Performing Arts
How do we qualify for DDQE?
2019 Auditions will take place at our Summer School from Monday 21st – Thursday 24th January.
- Dancers have to be in classical training.
- Should have at least 7 or more hours of dance per week.
- Strong love for dance goes a VERY long way
- Students should extend themselves more during the week. They may join more open classes free of charge to help maintain an ELITE level in dance.
- The more hours they build up, helps dancers fine tune technique, build stamina and of course will better them as a dancer.
- Please come and discuss this option with your teachers as we are more than happy to accommodate.
What will students get out of this?
This course is designed to excel our dancers in the following:
- Enhanced dance performance
- Learning from and networking with professionals in the industry
- Focused attention on personal goals.
- Broaden your vocabulary in the genres of dance
- Open Ballet
- Pointe/Demi Work
- Dance Anatomy
An intensive part-time training program.
Contact us today